cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Measuring Wireless Utilization

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen my dot1radio interface run a 5 min average on the "show Interface" display of greater 40000 bits/sec when I have the maximum data rate set no greater then 18meg for my OFDM rates. How can the interface excede my modulation?

JC

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

The WLSE provides centralized template-based configuration, security misconfiguration detection, fault/performance monitoring, access point/bridge reports and wireless client reports. CiscoWorks Resource Manager Essentials (RME), a powerful software application included in Cisco Discovery Protocoled CiscoWorks Software bundles, performs other tasks that are common to all network devices such as software image management. CiscoWorks WLSE and CiscoWorks RME are complementary products that together offer a complete management solution for the Cisco WLAN

Yep...Have all that....The WLSE is a HORRIBLE device for looking and monitoring the capacity of a wireless network...It may be good if the stats and trending actually work but in the current version most of these don't. Also the wireless error trending and real time error reporting has NEVER worked for me. I have a ticket open and cisco just can't get anywhere with this. If you ask me cisco's support has been in the toilet for sometime now.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card