Views
Helpful
Replies

MFP Anomaly Detected

Alejandro.Angon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have seen this messege log on WLC 5508 running 7.5 code, but I haven´t found any information about it, I will be gratful if any body know what it means

thanks

MFP Anomaly Detected - 3 Not encrypted event(s) found as violated by the radio XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX and detected by the dot11 interface at slot 0 of AP XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX in 300 seconds when observing Disassoc, Deauth. Client's last source mac XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

44 Replies 44

Hi Saravanan,

Does this first bug is internal, cannot see the detail due to no priviledes ?

Regards

Rasika

Yes, it was but I made it external, will take 24hrs or so to be external visible. Anyway, both bugs addresses the same issue.

Thanks for the update Saravanan

Hi Saravanan,

checked it again toady & still no visibility of  CSCum49200, still may be internal to Cisco.

Pls check that.

Rasika

i checked now and able to see.

Mac wireless clients in RUN state sometimes unable to ping gateway

CSCum49200

Description

Symptom:Sometimes MAC clients will be associated and RUN state but unable to ping the gateway

Conditions:WLC running 7.6.100.0 with three ap3600s

Workaround:none

More Info:see description

Good deal.... its visable now.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

adding an related defect:

CSCuj17283 WiFi clients dropping ARP  replies on TID 3 w/ ap3700 (on some switches)

Workaround:

Change WLAN QoS profile to Voice, Video or Background (not Best Effort)

Thanks for the update!

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Glad to see that you guys could reproduce it ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George,

I think we need to follow up with them just to see if they have another ticket created from our testing. I sent them my config so they can test as close to my environment as possible.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

#Appreciate you guys on bringing in hot issues.

#For issue recreation, the credit goes to an BU escalation.

I have upgraded to 7.6.100 on my 5508 and 2504's. The rogue detection is working much better and I am not getting the MFP errors anymore, I have 1250, 1040 and 1140 LWAP's. Not sure if clients continue to hang and get discontinected,but its been about a week, so no news is good news.

Hello,

this weekend we updated the WLC from our customer to 7.6.100 and also get messages from WCS with MFP Anomaly detection.

The Customer will disable MFP under the WLAN configuration.

I hope this will help and stop these messages.

The global MFP Protection was disabled.

I get those messages still and MFP is disabled on my WLAN's.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the update... George and I have been working with a few guy's on your end with the issues we were seeing.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card