Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Migration mode- Only WPA client works

I'm trying to implement migration mode so that both clients using WPA and clients using WEP will be able to associate to the migration mode APs. This way I can get a smooth transition to WPA. I'm using Cisco 1200 APs on the latest IOS version, and I have two test clients, and they're authenticating locally against a RADIUS server.

One client is a Windows XP client authenticating with WPA and a Cisco 350 series card, and this works with the migration mode AP. The other is a client using Windows 2000, the ACU 6.3 with a Cisco 350 series card, and this will not receive an IP address from the AP.

I made sure to run the Install Wizard 1.3 on the 2000 test client because it supports migration mode (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/prod_release_note09186a00802049cd.html).

But for the life of me I can't get the WEP client to receive an IP address! I have WPA set as optional on the AP, I'm using TKIP+WEP128.... I'm not sure what I'm missing. Anyone have any luck with this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content