cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Groups - sharing Wireless User Vlans

mmatulevich
Level 1
Level 1

One of our sites currently has two 6500's and 4 WiSM blades. Our Wireless Vlans are using /22 subnets with plenty of room.

We now have a newly constructed building connected physically to the site. It will also have two 6500's that will be tethered to the existing core via a ten gig uplink.

The new building will also have lwapp and two wism blades in the 6500. How can I extend the wireless user vlans to that building and keep potential users that roam between them online? My biggest concern is of course vocera or other voice applications, and I noticed multicast traffic is not supported when inter-subnet roaming is involved. Thanks to anyone that can assist in this!

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco UWN Solution supports 802.11 VoIP telephone roaming across lightweight access points managed by controllers on different subnets, as long as the controllers are in the same mobility group.REfer URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/control/c44/ccfig40/c40ccfg.htm#wp1098553

Thanks for the link, it is great info and somewhat comforting to hear. Cisco is researching though what will happen with a vocera badge when inter-subnet roaming ocurrs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card