Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

motorolla RF scanners getting disconnect and connecting back

Hi i have deployed wlc 5508 with software 6.0.199.4 . AP 1142 . Customer have few motorola RF scanners which i added the mac address

in mac filter and its working. Now cust informed that these scanners get sometime diconected in between and connects back .

and its using telnet application .

Can anybody help me out do we need to do any other configuration in WLC .

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check session time out in advanced tab in wlan configuration. It is 1800 seconds by default (30 minutes) by default so every 30 minutes client forced to disconnect. Try disable the feature or set it to higher value.

HTH

Amjad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add.... have you done a post site survey to verify coverage?  Since its scanners you mentioned, I'm guessing it might be in a warehouse environment.  Well how high are your ap's placed and what power level is RRM setting your TX power.  You might have to tweak that so that the TX power doesn't drop too low.  On the WLC, the lower the number the more power (1-8, 8 being the lowest power).  Take a loot at the power levels and if you see 4-8, then I would maybe set the max and min power levels for both the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz.  Or else you can manually set the TX power level on each AP:

Depending on how old these scanners are, make sure your data rates are at default with 1 & 2 mbps set to mandatory.  You can also issue a debug client and post the output when the client is having issues and also post the client monitor detail when the issue is happening.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

fbarboza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Try to disable under the advance tab on the WLAN with the issue session time out, client exclusion, MFP protection, Aironet IE, make sure the SSID is broadcasted and that you have only one encryption method configured at the time, either WEp, WPA version 1 + TKIP or WPA version 2+AES.

Also if after all this changes the issue continues try to set the DTIM to 2 and test.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card