Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Mounting plates for 1242 series do not fit with APs

We have had a serious problem getting 1242 access points and mounting plates to fit together.

The only workaround we have been able to come up with is to slightly re-bend each tab on the mounting plate so that it will fit into the slot.

I do not know if we simply had a "bad" batch of APs or if this is going to be a chronic problem.

I believe that the approx. APs manufacture date is in the Spring 2006 timeframe.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cisco: if you are monitoring this thread, are you aware of this and, more importantly, has this problem been resolved?

Thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Mounting plates for 1242 series do not fit with APs

Hi John,

This is a known issue, and the good news is that there is a free upgrade program in place. Have a look :)

Field Notice: FN - 62349 - Aironet 1240 AG Access Point Mounting Bracket

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_field_notice09186a0080628d1e.shtml

Hope this helps! Take care.

Rob

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi John,

This is a known issue, and the good news is that there is a free upgrade program in place. Have a look :)

Field Notice: FN - 62349 - Aironet 1240 AG Access Point Mounting Bracket

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_field_notice09186a0080628d1e.shtml

Hope this helps! Take care.

Rob

Silver

Thanks for the help, Rob!

Another 5.0 for that answer.

- John

Hall of Fame Super Red

Thanks John!

It's always something weird isn't it!

Take care,

Rob

I usually do a little surgery to get the access points attached. I bend the tabs out slightly and I use a screwdriver in the slot to attach the plate before mounting the plate to a solid surface. Once I'm sure that I can get the plate mounted to the AP I attach the AP to the surface.

The older plates on the 1200s seemed easier to use, but I will say that once you get the 1240's attached to the plate, they are very unlikely to detatch.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content