Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MS NBT browsing problem with 877W (no WINS)

I have an 877W with 12.4(15)T8 running a pretty standard config where inf Vlan1 and Dot11Radio0 bridged together so that the switch ports and WiFi are on the same IP net.

If I plug a Vista laptop and a XP workstation into the switch ports, all works fine. Whichever is started 1st broadcasts to see if there is a local master browser and then installs itself as such (by broadcast) upon recieving no reply. The one started 2nd then recieves a reponse to its broadcast for a master browser and subsequently uses the 1st.

Now if I move the Vista laptop to wireless, things start going a bit wrong. To cut a long story short, after some packet tracing, it would seem IOS is not correctly propagating (bridging) all the NBT broadcasts (to udp 137 & 138) between Vlan1 & Dot11Radio0.

My question is, is there something specific that needs to be configured to make this work or is it a peculiarity with my ver of IOS?

PS: I have no access-lists, ip inspect, ZBFW or any other functions configured.

Views
Helpful
Replies