Helpful
Replies

MSE and WCS

tmailula
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ALL

I have two quick questions ,

1. Is the MSE replacing the location appliance or do they work together.

2.I f i need to upgrade my WCS to do location can i just purchase the following part number WCS-LOC-UPG-K9

Thanks in advance

Tau Mailula

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What I have heard, that it will not. There will be an MSE lite version that might eventually replace the LA. I don't know for sure if that will allow you to or not. Ask your Cisco AE unless someone here can help you with that.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

1. MSE replace location appliance

2. if you previously have base version WCS, such as WCS-APBASE-500, then you need to purchase WCS-APLOC-UPG-500 to upgrade it to support 500 AP with location feature

ctermini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tau,

The MSE supports all the capabilities and programmatic interfaces of the Location Appliance plus the ability to run other Cisco or third party developed applications. Think of it as the next generation Location Appliance and as such will replace it in time.

A solution will comprise of the Location Appliance or the MSE, the Location Appliance is not required in addition to the MSE.

Dependant upon the version and current licensing of your WCS that is the right upgrade. Best bet is to check the WCS Licensing and Upgrade guide which discusses the various options at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps6301/ps6305/product_data_sheet0900aecd804b4646.html

rgds

Carlo

Cisco has not officially said that the MSE will replace the LA. When the smaller version of the MSE comes out, then that mightl replace the LA....

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card