cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE NMSP passes troubleshoot test, still inactive

tdorsey123
Level 1
Level 1

I have two WLCs (5508 - v7.0.220 and 2106 - v7.0.116) that were NMSP connected to a MSE (v7.0.201.204) according to WCS (7.0.172.0)

The MSE reloaded(Actually a reload command from WCS hung the MSE and it hard to be hard rebooted) and I ran into a NTP issue with the MSE running GMT timezone and WLCs running GMT -8.  This was highlighted by the NMSP status testing tool.  As a quick solution I changed both WLCs to GMT.  The tool now tests all green, but the NMSP status remains Inactive for both WLCs and I have no client or tag information flowing into WCS.

I know it's an odd collection of OS versions but it's all v7 right...:)

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you able to try and synch the WLC with the MSE?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

When I run the Synch it seems to execute properly.  It's an odd issue.

Just thought I would post it here that I had the same issue. I fix it by changing the MSE assignment with the Controller. You can find this at Services > Synchronize Services > Controllers. Check the controller, click on "Change MSE Assignment", then uncheck CAS, click Synchronize. Give it a few minutes and then do it again to turn CAS back on. Once I did this NMSP went active and clients started to show on my floor plans. 

This is what helped me with this issue. I hope it helps someone else as well.

Cheers!

Robert Stack

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card