Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSE not detecting associated clients

Hi,

i have one MSE 7.0, one WLC 7.6.120 and CPI 2.1. the AP's are 1602i and 3702i

I had a map in CPI, showing my AP's, but i can't see associated clients, if i modify the client filter to all clients, they appear in the map, but for some reason when i modify back the filter to associated clients the followinf message appears:

there are no clients on this floor. Either you don have any MSE which locates clients or none of your MSE detected any clients on this floor.

NMSP status is active.

WLC and MSE are synchronyze.

anybody knows whats the problem?

thank you!

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Check the link may help you

Check the link may help you:

There are no clients on this floor. Either you don't have any location server which locates clients or none of your location servers detected any clients on this floor error message is reported on the Wirless Control System (WCS)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/23646/there-are-no-clients-floor-either-you-dont-have-any-location-server-which-locates

Hi, thanks for your reply. I

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I checked your link, but in my opinion must be other problem, because sometimes i can see associated clients in CPI map, but most part of the time only shows clients when i modify the client filter to all.

NMSP protocol is up and active between MSE and WLC, service are synchronyzed.

NTP is configured in CPI, WLC and MSE, and time is the same.

In the top of the map there is a message:

Data may be delayed up to 15 minutes or more depending on background polling interval 

I waited for more than 30 minutos and the associated client still not showed on the map. furthermore, in my opnion, 15 minutes is a long time to locate a client, if i have to wait 15 minutes to locate every client in my network, there is no way to make location works!

Regards!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content