Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple Guest VLANs and Shared WLC

Hi,

I would like to add a second Internet ASA5xx gateway to our guest anchor wlc in the DMZ, which is connected to a guest vlan switch, so that the guest anchor wlc can connect guest users to two separate Internet gateways (i.e. guest vlan1 and vlan2). Two guest wireless networks are created in our environment, say SSID1 and SSID2, each anchoring to the guest WLC in the DMZ by Internal wlcs. I want to assign a different ip subnet to the two guest wireless SSIDs, say 10.251.255.0/24 and 10.251.256.0/24, to be provided by DHCP servers in the two ASA5xx.

I want to implement this by creating a second guest vlan interface in the guest anchor wlc and assign/connect this to the new ASA5xx box for the second Internet gateway. The second guest wilres SSID will be homed/anchored to this guest vlan2.

Please advise how best I should implement this.

many thanks

Sankung   

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES

It sounds like you already have this done.  You have the second SSID already, you would need to create the second interface with the appropriate VLAN tag and subnet range.

Then on the internal anchor the SSID to the same SSID in the DMZ

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob41dg/ch10GuAc.html#wp999843

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Great!

Then I will go ahead and implement this and share the result. But I am confident now that it should work.

Many thanks

Sankung

Thanks Stephen.

Regards

Sankung

Hi Stephen,

Would the guest/internal WLC require a reboot after making these changes (i.e. changing the anchor guest vlan/interface of the existing WLAN for SSID2)? I ask because it is mentioned in the Cisco guides that configuration of an anchor for a WLAN to a guest vlan requires disabling the WLAN first. 

Many thanks.

Sankung

no, you do not need to reboot for this to take affect. 

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content