Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple vlan on Access point

John Peterson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have three AP but one one is connected with a network cable and the other work on a repeater mode.

I need to create two vlans which will broadcast two ssid one for office and one for guest. I know you can't create multiple vlan on a repeater but is there any way round then with only one AP which connected to the network and other working in repeater mode?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not due I the fact that traffic will be places on the vlan the repeater is associated to. If you had a wlc, you could do indoor mesh and be able to do what you want.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sorry Scott,

I don't really understand your response, I know what in a repeater mode there needs to be one native vlan and only one therefore I am not able to have one guest and one office ssid broadcasted from the repeater.

You can probably is you configure one radio as a repeater and the other radio for client access, but they will be placed on the same subnet which is your native vlan. I'm not 100% sure that would work anyways, but I know you can't separate the traffic.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

John Peterson
Level 1
Level 1

If that’s the case I am not able to place them on a different subnet and then allow the repeater to the router, i.e. both subnet would appear in the routing table, it this possible?

You mention using mesh mode, how would I go by implementing this?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card