cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple WLC redundancy using flexconnect across multiple branches.

ppataki01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm wondering if someone could give me a hint please.

I have two WLC 5508s in two different branches/countries. 

They have APs configured as Flexconnect with local routing.

However all the APs are only on the first controller as the controller IP was manually entered before deployment.

(I'm guessing this will need to be changed to DNS resolution?)

1. I would like to load balance  APs that are in more contries/branches across Europe between the two WLCs

2. and/or if one of the controllers go down, the APs would automatically move onto the other one.

I'm just not sure if both can be done if the APs are on flexconnect.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

1. I would like to load balance  APs that are in more contries/branches across Europe between the two WLCs

It can work, If you have configured the both WLC with excatly same way(same wlan id, same wlan name.....etc)

2. and/or if one of the controllers go down, the APs would automatically move onto the other one.

If the configuration for both wlc is same then primary fails then secondary will take place. Make sure WLAN ID order has to be consistent.

Regards

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm planning to configure only one WLAN/SSID for all the branches and assign this to one AP group where I will have all the APs in. This will make it easier to set up and manage I guess.

I was looking for brief steps of configuration on both controllers and APs. For example how to make sure both controllers know about each other (is this mobility group?) and what i have to do on the APs.

I only entered the primary and secondary controller in the AP config however I'm not quite sure about the controller config.

Thanks again

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card