cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS reports email as zip files

i.help
Level 1
Level 1

I recently migrated from WCS to NCS and since the migration all the reports are being sent inside a zip file.  I remember having this issue when I first installed WCS many years ago, however I am unsure what was done to correct it.  I have checked the Administration section of NCS to try and find the setting but no luck or within the Report Launch pad on any of the migrated reports or the new reports.

I don't want them sent as zip files but as either native CSV or PDF as specified within the appropriate report.  The reports are never that big to need compressing into a zip plus the mail server they send through will accept up to 20-25MB attachments which is much greater than the native size of any of the reports generated through NCS or WCS.

5 Replies 5

topher1086
Level 4
Level 4

Were you able to figure this out?  We're having the same issue.

Thanks.

Have had to log a job with Cisco TAC, so waiting for their response and a solution.

Good day!

Any word back on this?

Thanks,

Aaron

Unfortunately the TAC were unable to assist, it isn't available in NCS unlike it's predecessor WCS.  I have taken this up with our Account Manager who has his Pre-Sales working on it. 

If you are able to find a solution prior please feel free post it.

Mike Perish
Level 1
Level 1

I agree, I email quite a few csv reports and the file size is typically under 1k. It is strange they don't making the zip file an option instead of doing it mandantory with every e-mail. I find it very cumbersome when dealing with 10 - 12 reports and having to unzip every file first.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: