Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Need Help with BR1310 Setup

I have 3 BR1310 units, all on 12.3(8)JA2, and set to use WPA-PSK. One unit will be located outside a main building and acts as the Root. The second unit will be located on a small hill and act as the Repeater. The third unit will be located at a remote building and act as a Workgroup bridge to provide connectivity for a desktop computer there.

I set the three units up in a lab to verify that the root connects to the repeater, which in turn connects to the workgroup bridge. But, they did not work this way. Instead, both the Repeater and the Workgroup bridge associated to the Root. I opened a case with Cisco, and the engineer told me to change the Repeater to Non-Root Bridge. After I made this change, the Workgroup bridge still would only associate to the Root.

Then on the Workgroup bridge, on the Network Interfaces -> Radio0-802.11G, Settings tab, in the "Root Parent MAC 1 (optional):" field I added the Non-root bridge's ethernet MAC, and kept the "Root Parent Timeout" at 0. After doing this, the Workgroup bridge would not associate to anything.

The Root and Workgroup BR1310s only have internal antennas. The Repeater/Non-root bridge has the external antenna option - I have 2 ANT4941 antennas connected temporarily while testing in the lab.

So now I'm a bit stumped... how can I get the units to connect properly - any suggestions?

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Need Help with BR1310 Setup

It may be that the WGB is seeing both the repeater and the root bridge since they use the same SSID. Try isolating the root bridge from the WGB by reducing the power on the root to 1 mw or put the wgb and repeater in another room so the wgb receives the repeater signal much better than the root brige.

Community Member

Re: Need Help with BR1310 Setup

If that was the case then they wouldn't need a repeater.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content