Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need suggestion for Wireless Access Point

Hi all,

My requirement is to extend wireless RF coverage to areas that laying network cables are not permissible. At the same time, i would like to prevent the adverse impact to the backhaul bandwidth like in repeater mode.

I Understand 1500 mesh nodes can use 5Ghz band as backhaul and 2.4Ghz as access point for clients. Is there any other Cisco AP products that can achieve this functionality without the mesh feature?

2 REPLIES

Re: Need suggestion for Wireless Access Point

Why do you not want to use a mesh setup? It sounds like mesh would be the best solution given your situation. take a look at the 1400 series AIR-BR1410A-A-K9-N as a non mesh solution.

Mesh or no mesh, you will still have to backhaul

the traffic over the air, thus coming out the same

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Need suggestion for Wireless Access Point

if mesh is out of the question for you... since it is only one location, I would just use a bridge that would connecte to an ap on your network and then you can attach an ap to that if you like. Like Eric mentioned, you will have to have a wireless backhaul.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies