cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CAP2602i access points in bridge mode out of box - why???

russ.michel
Level 1
Level 1

I am starting a upgrade deployment of hundreds of new 2602s, and they are all coming up in mesh/bridge (MAP) mode out of the box.  This is really slowing down the deployment.

I have to:

- put each AP's MAC in the MAC filter (to pre-authenticate the APs)

- manually prime each AP at CLI (they won't find a controller even though discovery via DNS and DHCP option 43 are available (and both have been working for years with the current mix older APs)

- change each to local mode

Anyone know why these are not coming up in local mode out of the box?

Anyone know of a more efficient deployment process than I described?

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It has to do with how the AP was ordered.  When you are in CCW you have the choice of standard recovery mode or MESH mode on the out of the box software.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sho'nuff...  someone changed the software line item from the BoM I created when they placed the order.

So, now the real issue is - how can I speed up the provisioning process?

you could scan all the boxes and pull the MAC address into an excel sheet, then use the CLI to hammer in all the mac addresses into the macfilter.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Thanks - already scanned all the MACs & serials - my normal practice.  Pushed the MAC filter list out to all the new 5508s using Prime.

You can configure this via WLC CLI as well. Here is the full command sytax

config macfilter add [interface name] [description] [Client IP address]

I would do this as below since all the information is not neccessay (even interface name is not mandatory, but I will use it in case).

config macfilter add 0 management

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: