Views
Helpful
Replies

No Broadcast SSID on certain AP

preilly78
Level 1
Level 1

WLC 4404 APs1142

I have an AP that I dont want to broadcast our SSID but I do want it their. I want it to broadcast only our guest SSID. I have both in a AP group and can see both but is it possible to disable the broadcast for our SSID but not our guest SSID?

4 Replies 4

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Sure, you want to use WLAN override. This allows you to configure which SSID's will be broadcast on an AP.

I am on version 6.0 I thought override was removed in ver 5. Isnt WLAN override for with SSID are accessible. I want both to accessible but i dont want the one broadcasting

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

No, WLAN override wasn't removed. It was combined with AP Groups. The AP will only broadcast the WLAN that belong the the AP group its configured to use.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pedro,

I believe you are confusing yourself with the 4404-100. WLC4402-25 can support up to 25 APs. You can't go more than that.

For the 4404-100, uplink port has a limit of 48(I think) APs. So if you assign one AP Manager IP address to each uplink port, theoretically, you can support almost up to 200 APs.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card