cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Ping Response

m-daly
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4402 WLC. There are 2 WLAN's configured. 1 is a guest wireless lan, the other a private wireless.

The guest wireless lan is wide open SSID is broadcasted. No client authentication is required. DHCP is used.

When I try to ping from within the guest WLAN from one wireless client to another wireless client within the same ip subnet, i get no response.

Also,

I am trying to set-up a wireless print-server in this WLAN. I power on the print server, print a test page, acquire a DHCP ip address for the guest WLAN, but can not ping the ip address from a wireles laptop from the same guest WLAN.

HELP!!!!!!!!

2 Replies 2

hpcosgreer
Level 1
Level 1

I just setup a very similar configuration. I am having a weird ping problem of my own right now, but I may be able to help you.

1) Can you ping a wireless host with the controller?

2) Can you ping the controller with a host?

3) For your guest VLAN you had to setup a gateway address for that network. Did you create it? (should be on a router somewhere). If so can you ping that?

4) Is this problem isolated to your guest WLAN only? Does your private WLAN work correctly?

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Find the option for "PSPF" - Public Secure Packet Forwarding and turn it off.

PSPF is a security feature to prevent (for example) a bad guy from hacking into another patron's computer at a local hotspot.

It will not allow a wireless client to access another wireless client on the same AP.

Good Luck

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card