Views
Helpful
Replies

No Web Access for Guest Users

sean-boston
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

I have the following setup WLC 4402 version 4.0.217.0, 1010 Access points, Each access point's switch port is configured as a trunk along with the WLC's port. My WLAN for internal users works like a charm. MY WLAN for guest is not able to browse the web. I'm using Web Auth Internal with guest username and password.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It very likely be the ACL if it is configured wrongly. Try deleting it. Here is a link to the deployment guide for guest access using Lan controllers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.1/GAccess_41.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

liamcairns
Level 1
Level 1

Have you got the Wireless guest users on a seperate VLAN?

Have you checked the firewall logs?

Yes, I have the guest users on a seperate VLAN. I'm not even getting to the firewall. URLs are getting resolved by internal DNS servers so that part is working. I also have as part of the Internal WebAuth a redirect after login which is our company's website which is not working.

Ok just to be sure what you have done.

Have you created a guest ssid?

under the guest SSID have you selected the correct interface name?

under security policies have you eabled web policy and authentication?

Let me know how you get on with these and I'll try and get back with some other things to try.

Liam

I have a guest ssid. I'm broadcasting that ssid.

I've selected the correct interface name. I enabled web policy and authentication. I'm also using ACLs to keep them off my internal network. Could it be something with my ACL? I've followed the examples on CCO to setup my ACL.

It very likely be the ACL if it is configured wrongly. Try deleting it. Here is a link to the deployment guide for guest access using Lan controllers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.1/GAccess_41.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card