Views
Helpful
Replies

Not all Ap broadcast new ssid

ilya_tyapugin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I need your help.

In our current wireless infrastructure we have 3 wlc, 3wlan and about 100 ap (1130,1240).

Problem when I add new wlan I can see this wlan not on all ap, for example on the 6-th floor I can see my test wlan but not on the 4-th floor. This two ap have no Grop Name, I tested on one wlc and different.

Where can I look for to solve this problem? Thanks

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know if this will help.

How did you configure the new SSID? How many WLC did you configure this SSID? The APs that are not broadcasting the new SSID, can you check the WLC that the APs joined to and make sure the SSID has been configured?

Thanks for reply.

I configured acording configuretion guide, jast default settings (In future I want this wlan for guest access). I configured all 3 wlc with the same settings. I have alredy confugured 3 another wlan and one of them is broadcasted by all APs -no problem, another same thing - some ap broadcasts some not.

Strange things, I compared wilan with working one - jast diffirent interfaces.

What can I check?

I rebooted all wlc and some non broadcasting ap -same thing

This is weird indeed. So this issue ... do all the AP's not broadcasting the SSID fall under one (or two) of the WLC or is this issue spread all over the 3 WLC?

This is over the 3 WLC. I did the test, first this two APs were on one wlc then on different ones - no luck.

I can see it by program wireless lan monitor - nearest AP(1131) broadcast only one ssid and another one come from another AP(1240) from 6-th floor.

Can you advise commands to check ssid avalibility or statistic about my new ssid?

Thanks

This is over the 3 WLC. I did the test, first this two APs were on one wlc then on different ones - no luck.

I can see it by program wireless lan monitor - nearest AP(1131) broadcast only one ssid and another one come from another AP(1240) from 6-th floor.

Pls check , if you have any AP groups configured .

New SSID goes to default group , so if you have configured some AP groups already , New SSID will not be available on those groups.

Thanks

Thanks for hint.

Yes on one wlc I found test AP group, on the others no ap group configured. But I checked all the APs and they are not belong to this AP group. (AP Group Name - none in configuration).

Maybe I missed something?

Ok Thanks everybody.

The problem was WLAN Override in AP configuration. Problem solved

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card