Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Server for Network

wilson_samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have got 2 4510R in core and 4 3725s for WAN and 2 2611XMs for Internet (Redundant access from 2 different ISPs) and 2 pairs of PIX 515Es and around 25 2950s in Access Layer.

Now we want that our 4510s should go to the Internet and take the Time using NTP and distribute to the entire network devices (using NTP).

Could anyone please advice.

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I feel you can deploy client-server kinda topology here for implementing NTP in all your boxes..

i can suggest something like make your 4510 as the server for the internal equipments which in turn can serve for ur 3725.

3725 can act/configured as servers for the remaining 2950 switches in ur lan.

for more info i would suggest to check this link...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/tk461/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

regds

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You'll need to ensure that at least one (maybe more) of your devices (perhaps your two core routers would make sense) can access the Internet using UDP port 123.

Then configure ntp server x.x.x.x on them to get them to sync up - use google to find an appropriate time source, or perhaps your ISP will have one...

You can configure multiple NTP sources per device, so you could have your core sync'd up to a couple of servers (it will determine the most accurate time from them) then configure your other internal network devices (routers etc) to sync up to both the core devices.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card