Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of message retransmission to the AP has reached maximum

Kjetil Fleten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have upgraded a VWLC from 7.6.100.0 to 7.6.110.0. There was 30 AP's connected in Flexconnect mode. After upgrading, 7 AP's would download, reboot and download again in an endless loop. The controller was rebooted by a helping hand in the datacenter earlier today, and that improved the situation: now 2 more AP's joined, leaving 5 AP's in the "loop". Debug shows "Number of message retransmission to the AP has reached maximum". I can not reboot the controller again, it says: "AP Software being upgraded, please try again later."

I would like to deny access for the 5 remaining AP's, to prevent them from downloading, and then reboot the controller and accept them one by one.

Is that possible ? Will changing AP "Admin status" from "enable" to "disable" do the trick ? Can I create a ACL ? Is there any other suggestions ?

2 Replies 2

Ali Aqrabawi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if the WLC is not in live enviorement , here is a silly trick : configure the contry code to one other than the APs belongs to , this will let the APs to be kicked out the WLC :)

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can use ACL sure on the network infrastructure. but I think, if you have access to APs or someone that can help you from remote site, its better if you can reset the APs to factory default then let them join again.

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: