Views
Helpful
Replies

Option dot11 wpa handshake timeout for LWAPP ap?s

flamberty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I?ve got a Problem with Handheld Barcode Scanners that disconnect from the wlan, and then have troubles reconnecting to the (WPA - ) secured wlan. The company that make the scanners said that the option dot11 wpa handshake timeout should be increased to 2000ms - I know this option from the IOS AP?s - but is this option also available (or something else that solves the wpa key exchange problem..) for controllerbased AP?s ?

Best Regards, and Thanks for the Help!

1 Reply 1

b.julin
Level 3
Level 3

I do not see a way to set this via the WCS/controller interfaces.

You can test the statement by issuing the commands on a specific AP, as described in the following post. Just do not try to write the changes to flash, and reboot it afterwards. At least then you will know whether it works:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde1b3d/2#selected_message

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: