Views
Helpful
Replies

Outdoor Access Points - coverage a Large outdoor area

mukka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like a suggestion for coverage a large outdoor area. I have critical restrictions to perform any equipment deployment.

I have 2 km of radius to performe a wireless coverage, but I can put a Access Point just around the corners.Which AP and Antenna Cisco could I try to perform it?

Does Cisco have any antenna with 1 to 2 km of range ? Does any client will be can reply to this distance  (1 to 2km)?

What do you think about WiMAX ?

thanks,

Murilo

6 Replies 6

Hi Murilo,

you may want to look into the Cisco Wireless Access points for outdoors and having an extender antenna to extend the range further. for more information please feel free to send me an email. hope this helps

Ferdinand Guasque

fguasque@cisco.com

Moin Ilyas
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Murilo,

Please refer: http://www.intermec.com/public-files/product-profiles/en/CiscoAntennasAccessories_spec_web.pdf

Hi Man,

from my point of view, the thing you need is to create a Mesh Network, almost all of the new access point have this function, but remember that no all of them are made for outdoor.

we need a little more info about your case:

the area that you need to cover is 2 km diameter or point to point?

how many clients are you going to have connected to the wireless network?

We'll be waiting for your comments

Regards,

Alberto B.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/outdoor-wireless/index.html

mukka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alberto,

In this scenery we have to perform a coverage of a hole.
The coverage area has 2Km of radius and 600m of depth. we have some explosions inside this hole. 

We need a access point with a large coverage and it will need to stay at the top of hole.

thanks

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cane use Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge:

Benefits

Industry-Leading Performance

• Data rates of 54 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz band

• Bridge range of 20 miles (32 kilometers [km]) at 11 Mbps

• Aggregate throughput approaching 28 Mbps

• Maximum transmit power of 100 milliwatts (mW) for 802.11b and 30 mW for 802.11g. Maximum power setting will vary according to individual country regulations.

Antenna Interface

• AIR-BR1310G-x-K9 or AIR-LAP1310G-x-K9: Air interface (integrated directional antenna)
• AIR-BR1310G-x-K9-R or AIR-LAP1310G-x-K9R: Two RP-TNC type connectors for external antennas

• For vehicle-installed deployments, over 100 km per hour speeds at 12 and 24 Mbps with 128-byte packets at 1 percent packet error rate (PER) (workgroup bridge mode connected to a Cisco Aironet access point or bridge)

• Support for antenna diversity

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1300-series/product_data_sheet09186a00802252e1.html

This is really a good module, Moha, but even though, it is "end of sale" since long time ago.

Regards,

Alberto B.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: