Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor Access points PoE power issues

We are currently deploying 5 more 1530 Outdoor Access points to the existing 2504 wireless controller with 15 Airlap 1142n AP's.Now all the AP's are connected to the catalyst cisco 2960 switch.

a)Is the catalyst 2960 switch supply enough power for the outdoor AP's or I have to use any external power injector source? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Outdoor AP require a

Outdoor AP require a dedicated power injector.  PoE is insufficient to provide power to the 1530.

We have multiple 1532i's

We have multiple 1532i's running on PoE off a Cisco 3560-X series switch. Each switch has a redundant power supply. The APs are not complaining of low power issues and both radios are up and functioning. The AP requires 30W of power, so as long as your switch can supply that then it should work ok.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Outdoor AP require a

Outdoor AP require a dedicated power injector.  PoE is insufficient to provide power to the 1530.

Is the 2960 370W or 720W? 

Is the 2960 370W or 720W?

"The Cisco Aironet 1530 Series can be powered over the Ethernet connection with power directly from an appropriately powered switch port or from an inline power injector."

The 1530s take:

1530I: < 30 W

1530E: < 25 W

(http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1530-series/data_sheet_c78-728356.html)

AP1140: 12.95 W

(http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1130-ag-series/datasheet_c78-502793.html)

So depending on the 2960 in question, I believe you may be able to power them up, do you have anything else hanging off the switch? 

We had issues with lighting arrestors causing PoE failures in the past. Removing them cleared the issue. 

Please rate and marked if this answers your question.

The cisco 2960 switch power

The cisco 2960 switch power is not enough for proper  working of  outdoor 1532 AP.With Power injector all these AP working fine and joined the controller

We have multiple 1532i's

We have multiple 1532i's running on PoE off a Cisco 3560-X series switch. Each switch has a redundant power supply. The APs are not complaining of low power issues and both radios are up and functioning. The AP requires 30W of power, so as long as your switch can supply that then it should work ok.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content