cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook has problems connecting to exchange when using wifi connection

derrick
Level 1
Level 1

I have four cisco 871 routers. They each have an issue were outlook users get disconnected when using WiFi. If they are connected via wire with wireless turned off they have no issues. I'm also not able to telnet to the exchange server using ports 110 and 25 if I'm connected on the wireless. But it works just fine when I'm connected via wire.

5 Replies 5

Serge Yasmine
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Derick,

you need to make sure the following is met:

1- router is correclt setup and antennas are plugged

2- users are withint good range from the router

3- use a good channel for the router, one of either 1, 6 or 11. try to figure out which is the best channel to choose using a freeware site survey tool.

4- ssid configuration doesn´t involve eap and session timeouts.

if you have doubts, let me know

cheers

Serge

Well there is no issue with the connection between the users workstation and the router. They have a solid connection and everything works fine except outlook. When I plug them in directly to the router using an ethernet cable than outlook will work without any issues.

Are the wireless users on the same vlan as the wired clients?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Are there ACL configured on the ISR?

If yes, have you opened needed traffic between client and outlook?

Not having configuration from the router here.. if you want, paste it here, but remove all sensitive information first such as ip addresses, usernames, passwords, snmp strings.......

Thanks
Serge

hello

I have the same problem, any solution will have

thanks

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card