cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Recovery for Wireless Lan controller

jvalin__s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am new to Wireless Lan Controller.

I just wanted to reset the password for the Controller. Can anybody help me with this. link/procedure anything will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Jvalin

4 Replies 4

colin.lynch
Level 4
Level 4

1.Enter reset system at the command prompt.

2.At the prompt that asks whether you need to save changes to the configuration, enter Y or N. The unit reboots.

3.When you are prompted for a username, enter recover-config to restore the factory default configuration.

The WLC reboots and displays the Welcome to the Cisco WLAN Solution Wizard Configuration Tool message.

Regards

Colin

Colin,

I am unable to open the cli as well as the gui of it. Its continuously asking for password. Is there any method to go to rommon mode and reset the password of it.

Thanks & Regards,

Jvalin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you be more specific with "I am unable to open the cli as well as the gui of it"?

Are you physically facing the appliance or are you doing all of this remotely?

I think they mean that they can not type "reset system" since they can't log in in the first place.

The key point to be made is that you need to restart the controller. So power it off if you can't login. Then console in to the controller and type "Recover-Config" as the username. This will default the configuration and allow you to start over with a new username/password.

There is no other password "recovery".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card