Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PCM352 client periodically loses association

I've noticed for some years now, that periodically, a cisco wireless pcmcia card will lose its association to a cisco ap with which it has strong signal. The association instantaneously comes right up, and this has never been of serious consequence, but now I have a customer that's implying that I've designed their network poorly, or the cisco hardware is defective. You never notice anything is wrong unless your looking at the cisco site survey utility when this happens (ie. it doesnt' seem to affect app performance).

Observing this with the site survey tool, the impression is that of a "blip", it occurs so quickly. When running a background continuous ping as this happens, no pings are dropped.

I have seen this on 4800, 340, and 350 series cards, across all fimware and drivers, and across every PC and operating system I've used for the last 4 years.

Anyone know what's causing this, and possibly how to make it go away? At the least, I need to reassure my customer, who is a household name.

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: PCM352 client periodically loses association

Is this only with Cisco products or generally with all wireless products?

Cisco Employee

Re: PCM352 client periodically loses association

Have you tired the latest combination of ACU NDIS and Frimware ?? ACU V6

There has been some enhancemnets to the scan and channel busy processed that will help.

Also try disable the feature scan for a better AP and see if that improves it (this may have an adverse effect on roaming but turn it off to test)

Are you running any sort of EAP as the re authentication timer will cause this sort of behaviour.

Views
Helpful
Replies