Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDSN- Subscriber to subscriber data communications

Hi Friends,

I have a query regarding Cisco PDSN Simple-IP service using 7206 routers. The customer wants subscriber to subscriber communication useing PDSN.

1. Has anyone tried such environment where in two subscriber connect thru CDMA network, get an IP address from HA ??? As soon as they try to ping each other the call disconnects. I am not very sure if it is possible technically as no cisco doc mentions about that.

2. I have two PDSN(7206) and two PCF configured to use any PDSN. The 2 PDSN have been configured as independent PDSN having two diff IP pools.

I will be grateful for your suggestions.

Regards,

Nitin.

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: PDSN- Subscriber to subscriber data communications

It seems at the time of the 'freeze', the GGSN has no resoures to handle addtional GTP requests and CPU power are being used in GTP management process (due to the new incoming request and queued requests): Number of pending signalling messages reaches limit

Hi Carenas,

Thanks for your reply.

In my case it is PDSN and not GGSN (as it is for GSM nw). The test calls are the only load on the entire setup as of now.

Is is possible in your GGSN to have subscriber to subscriber direct communication once they are connected to GGSN.

Bye & TC

You speak about simple-ip and getting ip from HA at the same time.

What technology are You using for access - simple or mobile IP ?

We have three PDSNs now with different ip pools on them. The subscribers does not have problems with communications between each other.

The technology used is simple-ip.

Hi ,

Thanks for your email. We have Simple-Ip service. I had mentioned wrong that HA thing.

Now the PDSN subscribers are able to ping as well.

Anyways about your network, I think you have configured three independent PDSN and not in redundancy mode so the PCF should be forwarding packet request to any of the PDSN and get serviced. Am I right ??

I have the similar setup with 2 PDSN so thought of configuring this way as confifuring redundance seems to be favorable if you have more number of PDSN.

Pls reply.

Regards & Good Day!!

Yes all PDSNs are known to every CDMA PCF so that every PCF is able to contact every PDSN.

PDSN selection algorithm is pseudo-random. If one of the PDSNs goes down any PCF can dynamically select another one again pseudo-randomly. This is some sort of redundancy.

Generally if you have more than one PDSN you can configure redundancy assuming you have enough IPs in the pool on each PDSN to serve all subscribers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CriarFaça o para criar o conteúdo