Views
Helpful
Replies

PEAP with Vista

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

i am using Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection - Driver version 10.6.0.15.

i cant connect at all, any idea ?

i am using cisco aironet 1240 AG - firmware 12.3(8)JA2.

kindly advice .. your reply will be highly appreciated.

thanks .

regards,

Jackal

6 Replies 6

b.petronio
Level 3
Level 3

Which Windows Vista version is ?

Depending on that, u could try to update ur Wlan card driver's, if not the latest.

Hi had several problems in the past regarding drivers updates.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2259

Best Regards,

Bruno Petr?nio

Hi Bruno,

ok , driver has been upgraded to v.11.++

now i got this msg from ACS 4.1

EAP-TLS or PEAP authentication failed during SSL handshake

thanks.

Check this out...

"If the ACS's certificate on the wireless client is invalid (which depends on the certificate's valid "from" and "to" dates, the client's date and time settings, and CA trust), then the client will reject it and authentication will fail. The ACS will log the failed authentication in the web interface under Reports and Activity > Failed Attempts > Failed Attempts XXX.csv with the Authentication Failure-Code similar to "EAP-TLS or PEAP authentication failed during SSL handshake." The expected error message in the CSAuth.log file is similar to the following."

Feed:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_example09186a00801df0ea.shtml

Certificate issues.

Not the same ACS version, but hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Bruno Petr?nio

Hi All,

I encounterd problems with Vista with PEAP. I enabled CCKM with 820.1x and Vista clients were not able to associate. CCKM was the problem for me, aafter disabling CCKM Vista clients also worked fine. This is an MS issue because Vista doesn't support CCKM.

greetings

Fred

Hi,

i noticed when WDS started , WPA2 (PEAP) can not working. any solution for this ?

another problem, AIR-AP1230B-A-K9 can not support WPA2 (AES) ? any idea about this ?

hi,

I had the same problem. the setting on your controller is wrong. set your controller wlan security for wpa + tkip....wpa2 + aes..key management 802.1x only.. *** only this combination will work with vista. If you enable cckm or check AES with wpa or check tkip with wpa2. Your user will see a security policy mismatch on the clients end and will not be able to authenticate. good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: