Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phonerental spam

I welcome the Cisco TAC newsletters and agreed to receive it. I did not agree to receive commercial spam from vendors. If CISCO is selling my email address I would like to opt out. I received a spam advertising phone rental for the CISCO Networkers in Argentina.

The following is the text and signature on the spam I received today: It was sent in HTML with CISCO logo graphics.

==========

PROMOTION - RENT A PHONE FOR

CISCO NETWORKERS 2002 IN ARGENTINA- BUENOS AIRES

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A RESERVATION OR ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE PROMOTION SEND AN E-MAIL TO:

phonerental@fibertel.com.ar

PHONE: + (54-11) 4311-2933

www.phonerental.com.ar

==================

3 REPLIES

Re: Phonerental spam

I received the same spam as you did. Quite shameful. I wonder if Cisco sold my email, or they got hacked.

Isent an inquiry to Cisco Friday. No response yet. I doubt that Cisco has fallen to the level or selling our email address. Most likely a hacker or simple harvesting of address off the list.

Dear Users,

We are very sorry that you are receiving these unsolicited emails. Cisco respects and protects the privacy of users registered to its Web sites, and has not sold your email addresses to a third party. Please refer to our privacy policy at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/swassets/sw293/privacy_statement.html

The most likely explanation for the unsolicited email is that someone obtained your addresses from your publicly available member profiles on the NetPro site. We cannot prevent people from sending you mail if your email addresses are visible to those who visit NetPro. In order to avoid receiving unsolicited communications in the future, we encourage you to edit your NetPro preferences so that your email address is no longer visible. We regret any inconvenience this has caused you.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please email us directly at np-moderator@external.cisco.com

Thanks,

Cisco Moderator

Views
Helpful
Replies