Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Please help me emergency about AIR-SAP1600e-E-K9

Dear All,

I am having 10 AP AIR-SAP1600e-E-K9 running IOS ap1g2-k9w7-mx.152-2.JB2. From first, I though they can be configured as "Root and Non-root bridge with Clients" Topology (like inserted picture), but they can not. In the web interface, no option for configuring "Root bridge with Client" and "Non-root bridge with clients".

On Cisco website, only have documents helping configuring with IOS runnning version JA.

Now, I think I have to buy one Wireless Controller, and change those AP to Lightweight Acess Point for configuring them in a Mesh network.

Please help me:

- Please help me check carefully the AP AIR-SAP1600e-E-K9 running IOS ap1g2-k9w7-mx.152-2.JB2 supports Root and Non-root bridge with Clients" Topology or not?

- If not, I have to buy WLC, Can I use WLC 2504? Is is WLC supports mesh configuration?

Many thanks  and best begards,

Root and non-root with clients topo.png

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Please help me emergency about AIR-SAP1600e-E-K9

Did you try to configure it via AP CLI, in GUI it may be not shown, but if feature is supported definetely you can configure it via CLI.

Here is a config example which I tested on different IOS image via CLI. You can try that on your AP CLI & verify.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/01/13/autonoumous-ap-wireless-bridges/

I hope it will work

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content