Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help me emergency about AIR-SAP1600e-E-K9

Chinh Duong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am having 10 AP AIR-SAP1600e-E-K9 running IOS ap1g2-k9w7-mx.152-2.JB2. From first, I though they can be configured as "Root and Non-root bridge with Clients" Topology (like inserted picture), but they can not. In the web interface, no option for configuring "Root bridge with Client" and "Non-root bridge with clients".

On Cisco website, only have documents helping configuring with IOS runnning version JA.

Now, I think I have to buy one Wireless Controller, and change those AP to Lightweight Acess Point for configuring them in a Mesh network.

Please help me:

- Please help me check carefully the AP AIR-SAP1600e-E-K9 running IOS ap1g2-k9w7-mx.152-2.JB2 supports Root and Non-root bridge with Clients" Topology or not?

- If not, I have to buy WLC, Can I use WLC 2504? Is is WLC supports mesh configuration?

Many thanks  and best begards,

Root and non-root with clients topo.png

1 Reply 1

Did you try to configure it via AP CLI, in GUI it may be not shown, but if feature is supported definetely you can configure it via CLI.

Here is a config example which I tested on different IOS image via CLI. You can try that on your AP CLI & verify.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/01/13/autonoumous-ap-wireless-bridges/

I hope it will work

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card