cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Plenum rating for a 350

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

Does anybody know if the universal power adapter is plenum rated for a 350 bridge? I know the bridge is plenum rated but the docs show nothing for the power supply.

Seth

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

The Cisco Aironet 350 Series Wireless Bridge enables high-speed long-range outdoor links between buildings and is ideal for installations subject to plenum rating and harsh environments. It is designed to meet the requirements of even the most challenging applications, with features including: High-speed (11-Mbps), high-power (100-mW) radios, delivering building-to-building links of up to 25 miles (40.2 km). Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_data_sheet09186a008008883c.html

Thank you for the reply, however, that does not answer my question. As you know, there are 2 ways to power the 350, either with a powered switch, or with the universal power adapter (AC). What I wanted to know is if the universal power adapter is plenum rated.

jeff.roback
Level 1
Level 1

Only the metal case of the bridge is rated.

The 350's don't use the universal power adapter -- that was for the 340's. The 350s can only use a power injector or a powered switch for power.

However, you should be able to put the power injector that comes with the 350 in your telcom room, then run plenum-rated Cat 5e/6 cable to your bridge.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: