cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Point to multipoint wireless bridges

ricky-li
Level 1
Level 1

Long story short, is there a wireless bridge product that can directly replace the old BR-350 workgroup bridge product? I was told that the 1300 and 1400 could not directly replace our 350s because the external TNC connectors for the antenna's were different, and that I'd have to change the antenna's themselves.

We've currently got a campus, with multiple buildings configured in a point to multipoint (star) setup. Of course since those bridges were 802.11b, we're now looking to see if we could upgrade to 802.11n or 802.11g/a.

I know this is a cisco forum, and i don't want the deities to come down on me but right now i'm entertaining any sort of solution from "anyone".

1 Reply 1

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

The TNC connectors are actually RP-TNC, and they are all the same.

On an absolute worse-case basis, you can buy adapter pigtails for anything-to-anything, with a small loss added from the two extra connections.

Aside from that, anything Cisco with RP-TNCs (which is anything with external antenna connections) should fit the bill. Depending on the distance you're likely going to want to stay with 802.11g ... the humidity & rain would eat a lot of the signal if you were going any significant distance (variance for antennas too).

Good Luck

Scott

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card