Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Point-to-point connection between to linksys

I have Two Linksys WAP54G Wireless-G Access Point, is it possible to connect to two houses in mode bridge using these applainces,

I am thinking about buying an antenna Cisco Aironet 13.5dBi 2.4 GHz Yagi Mast Mount Antenna with RP-TNC Connector.

Some one who knows about this, that can help me?

Re: Point-to-point connection between to linksys

Hi jamco,

Yes, You can... Linksys WAP54G has only three modes. These are, the basic access point mode and the wireless bridge mode ? point-to-point and point-to-multipoint.

The web interface does not specify whether the bridge mode is point-to-point or point-to-multipoint, as compared to the WAP11 device. Which makes sense, because you don't have to. If you enter only one MAC address, then it would be a point-to-point connection with another access point acting as a wireless bridge. If you enter more than one, then it's a point-to-multipoint wireless bridge connection ? less options, less clutter and a simpler interface.

If you're thinking of buying an access point to act as a wireless repeater or a wireless client, then WAP54G is not for you, as these modes are not present in the unit.

Hope this will help you!

Rate if it does,

CreatePlease to create content