Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Possible Spanning Tree Prot problem

I've got a large network of about 40 BR350 radios and 10 BR340 radios. We have a couple of different SSIDs to logicly breakup the network, however they are in one subnet.

The problem that I am seeing is the ocational drop of IP conectivity over one of the links for periods of exactly thirty seconds. In my mind this is the STP going into a learning mode and not passing any data. The question is 1. Why? There are no changes happening to this network topoligy. 2. How do I prove that this is the problem? 3. How do I tell what is causing the radios to go into learning if that is the case?

All radios are running current firmware (12.02T1 for the BR350s and 8.80 for the BR340s)

Thanks

Mike

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Possible Spanning Tree Prot problem

Is this thing on?

-Mike

Silver

Re: Possible Spanning Tree Prot problem

Make sure that the speed and duplex setting on ethernet of Bridge match with the Switch/hub. Also make sure that the cable and adpaters are all fine. The spanning tree issue can cause because of all these. Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/aironet/bridge/ebridge.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.