cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Predownloading AP Image- 1240

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

I have 2 controllers that are currently on software version 7.3.  I am planning on upgrading to 7.4MR2(7.4.121) and have not performed the pre-download process before.  In reading some of the restrictions, I am somewhat concerned with this.

Predownloading a 7.2 or later version of image on a Cisco Aironet 1240 access point is not supported

when upgrading from a previous controller release. If predownloading is attempted to the Cisco Aironet

1240 access point, the AP gets disconnected.

We do still have several 1240 AP's.  Does this only apply with you are upgrading from a release prior to 7.2?  Can someone please clarify?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not enough memory to be able to download a second image.  These AP's do not support it and the only way to upgrade them is to upgrade the WLC and reboot the WLC.  These will join and get the new image from the WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not enough memory to be able to download a second image.  These AP's do not support it and the only way to upgrade them is to upgrade the WLC and reboot the WLC.  These will join and get the new image from the WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks. That's what I thought.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card