Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 2.0 Lifecycle - Site Filters

Service Desk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

anyone had problems with using the Site Filters in the Cisco Prime 2.0? When we try to use the Filter for a Site the dropdown only show us the Unassigned and All options.

Thank you.

BR,

Norberto

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just used site filters on the detailed dashboard and it shows up the locations I have created.  I haven't had an issue.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott. I've tried in the detailed dashboard as well, but I can't see the locations. If I go to the site maps, the sites are there, so it seems an issue just with the filter.

I've tried different browsers as well.

You created your sites already in PI2.0 or you imported a 1.x backup?

Thanks

BR,

Norberto

It was a fresh install.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Have you added your network devices to site groups by chance?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hi Scott,

at first I didn't had any site groups, but then I  added a few devices to the site groups and even after that I wasn't able  to see the other sites in the filter. But the filters are related to  the site maps and not to the site groups, right?

The site filters is associated to the devices and the sites you assign them to.

-Scott

But for example you can have an WLC in the site map associated to the site named Tokyo, but in the site groups associated to a group named "Example1". I think they arent directly related. The filters as far I understand are related to the site maps. I will try to test it in a LAB PI.

What is referenced in the site filter is what you have created in the site group but shows everything in the device group.  What you define in the site group is also what's defined in the site maps.  You have to assign a device to a group to be able to filter.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't think that they are the same, in my case I had all the devices distributed in the site maps, and only few devices in the site groups. Also per the documentation wha I understand  is that site groups and site maps are not the same thing.

Note

The devices added to a site group in Device Work Center do not add devices in the Design > Site Map Design page. Similarly, the devices added in the Site Map Design page are not added to site groups in Device Work Center.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2.0/user/guide/monitor_network.html

That's what I was trying to explain earlier. How I have my setup is that both are identical, but site filters are referenced through the site groups. Your question was that you didn't have anything in the site filters and I mentioned to add your device in the site groups not in the maps. I have added WLC's, routers and switches from the device group to specific site groups.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card