cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure sending -Database archive logs clean-up failed for Mobility service Engine

KP
Level 1
Level 1

I have MSE VA installation in HA mode. Recently PI has started sending the following log. With some research it has been identified that this is a bug and only available fix is to delete the archive log. [Bug Detail :=hitting a bug CSCuv63990 and if the workaround is not implemented on time it will trigger another bug CSCuy20418 and the impact is, MSE will crash]. Cisco has claimed that this bug has been resolved in 8.0.130.0 however we are receiving this log in 8.0.130.0]

1. Alarm Condition:RAID Monitor on MSE

Message: Database Log Cleanup Failure.   Database archive logs clean-up failed 5 times. Please restart the MSE as soon as possible to remedy this situation. If this condition is not fixed soon, the MSE may stop functioning.

Failure Source: Mobility Services Engine <MSE1>

I am using the following command to monitor the archive memory consumption

cd /opt/oracle/base/diag/rdbms/mseorcl/mseorcl/trace/                                                    ( Am i monitoring the right location)

rundiag.

For last one week stats are as below

2.7G    /opt/data/flash_recovery_area/MSEORCL/archivelog/2016_05_13                        
2.7G    /opt/data/flash_recovery_area/MSEORCL/archivelog                        
2.7G    /opt/data/flash_recovery_area/MSEORCL   

==============================================================

3.7G    /opt/data/flash_recovery_area/MSEORCL/archivelog/2016_05_18                        
8.0K    /opt/data/flash_recovery_area/MSEORCL/archivelog/2016_05_17                        
3.7G    /opt/data/flash_recovery_area/MSEORCL/archivelog

And i am getting the alerts, My questions are as below

1. Am i monitoring the right locations

2. What is the safe way and appropriate command to delete the archive log

Please ask in case you require more information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

KP

8 Replies 8

KP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have currently TAC case running on this issue. This has gone to Dev team now for further investigation.

During investigation there are multiple issues identified that could lead to the Alert. Will update here once i receive the feedback from TAC.

KP

KP, have you heard back from TAC on this issue?  I'm running into the same problem as I've just started monitoring the mobility services.  Thanks in advance!

We are also getting this error in Prime Infrastructure. 

MSE version 8.0.130.0 (Virtual Machine)

Prime Infrastructure 3.1.0 build 3.1.0.0.132 (Virtual Machine)

I've used the following command to restart the MSE daemon.

service msed restart

Any updates from TAC?

Accordingly fixed in 8.0.140.0

This has been fixed after upgrading to 8.0.140.0

I have 8.0.150 and have the same issue so it is still a problem

me too

KP, is there something new in this issue ? We´re hitting by this bug too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card