Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Printing Solutions for Guest Wireless

So this is something that has been bouncing around the forums for a year or two now.  I have failed to come up with a "best-of-breed" approach that meets the strict security requirments of a government department.

The scenario is this - the wireless platform is based around centralised Wism controllers in a datacentre and an anchor controller (for guest wireless) in a dmz, we have WCS to manage the components including the Lightweight Access-Points (mainly Cisco 1142N's) with a Cisco NGS to act as both hotspot and as the client credentials RADIUS authority. it works great except for printing which simply isn't currently an option.

The solution services a wide number of geographic locations - all members of the one guest SSID and mobility group.  Since clients that connect to this are effectively DMZ'd and only able to connect to the internet, I am struggling to find a practical way to provide printing specific to each geographic site without going for a cloud service such as "Drop-box", or "PrinterON" 

Has anyone out there in the Community come up with any innovative approaches to this connundrum?  If so please join the conversation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I've encountered the same

Hi, I've encountered the same issue. Did you find a solution?

2 REPLIES

Hi, I've encountered the same

Hi, I've encountered the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Alas no - but to be fair I

Alas no - but to be fair I haven't really made it my main focus, in recent controller releases it looks like you can get around this by enabling the split-tunnel functionality thereby allowing a wireless network to send to a local printer.  I haven't explored or tested this though?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content