cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem updating NDIS-driver

xavieer12
Level 1
Level 1

I am not able to update the NDIS-driver of a PCI4800 card installed in a winnt 4.0 server. At the moment driver version 2.05 is installed (file pc4800.sys). Newest firmware and ACU installaton was no problem, but i can´t install driver v 8.2.3. Please help me ! Is there any solution ?

2 Replies 2

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

Below are the steps to update the driver on NT. Make sure that you have downloaded the correct driver for your application. You may need to go to 6.97 driver version first before going to the 8.2.3.

Step 1 Make sure your client adapter is installed in your computer.

Step 2 Double-click My Computer, Control Panel, Network, and Adapters.

Step 3 Select the Cisco Systems wireless LAN adapter.

Step 4 Click the Update button.

Step 5 In the Windows NT Setup window, enter the full path to the new driver (for example, you would enter A:\ if you copied the file to the root of a floppy disk) and click Continue.

Step 6 Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the upgrade process.

Thanks for your answer ! I tried to go to 6.97 driver version, but after rebooting there still was the old 2.05 version active. I also removed complete entry of the card on the system, then reboot, new installation, again reboot, but there again the old driver 2.05 was active. How can I get an earlier version of drivers, perhabs is any working ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card