Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with AP1131 after upgrading WLC5508

whysoserious
Level 1
Level 1

Good day, experts.

I have two WLC 5508, it works in HA mode. For HA i have to upgrade one of WLC to version 7.4.121.0.

After that one AP1131 starts work very strange. The power of  2.4 radio always was on level 17dBm.Now it is changing everytime.

And as result: before this AP worked with 19-25 clients. Now it can not service more than 15 clients.

I think, all other APs works well. But i'm not sure. Does anybody know what it is could be?

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you can adjust the  power level  manually.

Click Wireless > 802.11b/g Radio and a list of associated access points appears.

Choose the desired access point from the displayed list and click Configure(on far right side). The radio settings page appears.

You will see Tx Power Level Assignment field, and click Custom. Custom indicates that the radio output power is manually controlled by the Tx Power Configuration setting field and you can change the power setting to one.

2.4 GHz side power levels are .

1 = 20 dBm / 100mW
2 = 17 dBm / 50mW
3 = 14 dBm / 25 mW
4 = 11 dBm / 12.5 mW

MOre info about adjusting channels and power levels:

http://www.my80211.com/home/2009/10/30/what-you-need-to-know-about-tx-power-and-80211a-5ghz-on-a-ci.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you Sandeep Choudhary. I tried to change power level manually. My problem is looks like link that mohanak post. But one thing is not correct, i have upgraded from 7.0.116 to 7.4.121.
In my situation after that upgrade power level was down on all APs. 

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card