Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

apl

Problem with firmware upgrade in a AIR-PCM352

Hi,

I was using the wireless card without problems in my notebook (VAIO FXA49, WinXP and Linux RH 7.2 (kernel 2.4.19)) until 1 week ago, when I installed a new WinXP driver for the aironet card. I notice that the new driver and/or ACU upgrades the firmware to a 5.x version, that doesn't work in Linux, so every time that I used WinXP, I had to downgrade the firmware (4.x) to use Linux.

Anyway, the other day I had to downgrade the firmware again, but that time the ACU give me a write error. I tried to use the card in Linux and it didn't work and now, every time that I use WinXP, it frezee (the OS).

How can I delete/load a new firmware in my card, without using ACU? Hopefully in Linux, because WinXP doesn't work if I insert the card. :-(

Thanks in advance.

Andres.

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Problem with firmware upgrade in a AIR-PCM352

Andres.

I am currious which file you downloaded that got you a 5.x firmware as the only card that has 5.x firmware on CCO is the minipc card yet you said you had a PCM card This could cause your card to be in the state you have described.

To fix the problem you will need a RMA if the card is still under warranty or covered by contract Please contact the TAC for this.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Andres.

I am currious which file you downloaded that got you a 5.x firmware as the only card that has 5.x firmware on CCO is the minipc card yet you said you had a PCM card This could cause your card to be in the state you have described.

To fix the problem you will need a RMA if the card is still under warranty or covered by contract Please contact the TAC for this.

apl

Thanks for your answer, Derwin.

Actually, I don't remember the filename that I downloaded, because I deleted and tried with other versions of the ACU. :-(

I will contact the TAC to solve this problem.

Thanks again.

Andres.

Views
Helpful
Replies