Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problems with 1200's and Hot Standby

I have 8 pairs of 1200's that I am setting up with hot standby and I've seen some odd things.

When I successfully establish hotstandby, I notice the role of the access point changes from Root to Site Survey Client. Is that supposed to be that way? I was told by TAC that I should set the role as repeater, but I don't see that in any of the setup documents for hot standby.

On a few occasions the radio on the active ap (not the one running hotstandby) is down and I have to go the the radio-advanced page to take it out of the down state.

One of the most frustrating things is the lack of information when hotstandby fails to start. It just says there was an initialization error and nothing else in the log to help troubleshoot.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Problems with 1200's and Hot Standby

Re: Problems with 1200's and Hot Standby

I used that document to setup the access points. We did find one problem today. We saw where one active access point's radio was down and the hotstandby became active. We saw were the LEAP authentication failed between hotstandby and active, so that's why the hot standby came up. It turned out to be a degraded condition on the main ACS server. I need to add the hotstandby user id/pwd on the back-up ACS server and that should fix that problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies