Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

problems with certificate on wlc

hi all,

there is a certificate issue with my wlc (AIR-CT5508-K9 - Cisco 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controller - Software Version 7.3.112.0).

when i logon to my controller there is an issue:

There is a problem with the security certificate on this website ... you can abort the page or move forward

certficate infos:

exposed for 169.254.1.1

valid for: 31-05.2012 - 31-05-2022

the issue also appears, when our guests are logged via the guest wlan (which is annoying for them :O)

do you have any idea? access points etc are working well! (so there is no radius issue)

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: problems with certificate on wlc

Well if your using website or pass through for guest, to get rid of the certificate error, you need to purchase a 3rd part cert and upload it to the wlc. Here are instructions for that.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080a77592.shtml

To get rid of the certificate error when accessing the GUI, you need to upload a certificate from your internal ca if you have one, or else you will always get that error. The certificate used is a Cisco self signed certificate which isn't trusted by your typical devices.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content