cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with mulitple 1130AG

shaftymorgan
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 1130AG set up in a school for student laptops. The problem is laptops can connect to one ap and not the others, however when the laptops are connected to the first ap the laptop will connect to the other ap's when the laptop is placed near them.

The laptop cannot see and start a first connection at the other 2 ap's.

I have copied the config files from the one that works to the others and there is still no luck. I have tried making the channels the same. I am not sure what else to do.

would bssid be any use or infrastructure ssid?

3 Replies 3

Shafty,

well the first thing you should do is make sure that your AP's are on non-overlapping channels. Use 1,6 and 11. Make sure that you have the same SSID and security on each AP, that way the laptops will roam to the other AP's.

The laptops will typically connect to the Access point that they believe theya re receiving the best signal from. If you move a laptop close to another AP the Laptop will roam (connect) to that AP.

Hope that this has helped, test and post back your results

Cheers, Mark

Pls rate all useful posts

The channels being used are 1, 4 and 11.

They all share the same SSID and security.

They can roam between each ap, just for some reason they only see the network if I turn a laptop on near the channel 4. Then it can roam between the aps.

It won't connect from the start if I stand right next to channel 1 or 4. It doesn't even see the wireless network.

what could be causing this?

Thanks for any help.

A temp solution I have just found is under the wireless networks, the properties of the preferred network that is set up with the correct SSID. There is a check box that says "connect even if network is not broadcasting" This seems to work and students can access their work and use the internet.

I hope is helpful to anyone else.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: