Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.
For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.
1) Is this product 1 antenna or 3?
AIR-ANT2430V-R (2.4-GHz 3 dBi Triple omni Antenna 3 RP-TNC; Spare)
AIR-ANT5140V-R (5-GHz 4 dBi Triple Omni Antenna 3 RP-TNC; Spare)
a) Besides the additional gain these antennas provide, are there any
additional benefits compared to the AIR-ANT2422DG-R or AIR-ANT5135DG-R?
2) Also, are there any plans for directional (patch) antennas for the
1252 Access Point?
3) Can you use different model antennas on the same 1252 Access Point?
4) We currently conduct site surveys using AirMagnet Survey Pro using
the Cisco CB21AG card.
Does Cisco Aironet currently have a MIMO client adapter? If not, when
is it expected?
5) Can you comment on Air-magnet or any other vendors draft 2.0 wi-fi
certified client cards as a part of the Unified Network Solution?
Have any MIMO client adapters (cardbus, PCMCIA or otherwise) been accepted
as Cisco Compatible?
6) The problem of powering both radio modules during a site survey. It
can be done using a power injector connected to a dedicated power
source such as a UPS battery. What other options are there?
What switches are capable of powering both radios simultaneously?
Let me give this a shot...
1) These antenna are 3 antennas built into one unit
a) Antenna choice also depends on how you want to mount the antenna. Ceiling mount or the use of di-poles.
2) From what I heard they will eventually, but no date as of yet.
3) You have to use all three of the same antennas on the radio. You can't mix different gain antennas on the 1252....
4) Cisco is not making anymore wifi cards. They have been working closely with Intel with the draft 2.0 standard.
5) Until the 802.11N is a standard, you will not see anything being certified.
6) Sparco Technologies has a batter pack that will power the 1252 for around 6 hours 40 minutes. You can also use this to power up the other ap's. Ask for Nathan.
7) You will need an e-Series switch