Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Prolblems with Multicast in a Topology with repeater

Hello; I'm having several problems with multicast performance when using bridges (340 and 350, I have tested both). I have one segment connected to the root bridge, then I have a repeater and finally a PC with a PCM350 card on it, no wep or security options activated. I have configured it to use rates and data rates of 11Mbps (not lower allowed)

When trying to transmit multicast with data rates quite lower than the available bandwidth I have several frame losses. Statistic at the clent shows PLCP errors. And on the repeater duplicated frames (not much, but some)

When studying the packet transmission (on 340), the root bridge transmits exactly twice frames than receives.

When not using repeater, and connecting the client to the root, everythimng works fine

any clue?

Re: Prolblems with Multicast in a Topology with repeater

Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

CreatePlease to create content